January 29, 2010

Morning Goodies

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


 Edited 1/6/11: Updated with a better and almost fool proof recipe found here: Muslim Wife Cinnamon Rolls

We finished up last nights pizza for dinner tonight, along with a big salad and homemade vinaigrette, alhamdulillah. Since I don't have a new dinner recipe for you, I thought I'd just share what I made for breakfast instead.




Cinnamon Buns
Dough:
* 1 cup warm milk
* 2 eggs, room temp
* 1/3 cup margarine, melted
* 4 1/2 cups bread flour (I used all-purpose)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Filling:
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup butter, softened


Frosting (personally, I like to double this because we like a lot of frosting on ours):
* 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt

1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Mix in sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.

2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch (preferably glass) baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Keep a very close eye and decrease heat and increase the time cooking if you feel it is too hot). While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

3 comments:

  1. Omg! Omgg! Omgggg!! That loooks sooooooo gooood, mashallah! I know! I've been saying that a lot! But wat can i say? They do look goood! scrumptious! yumm...yummmm! lol. I wanna make thattttt!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, its okay, I was saying the same, masha'allah :) They're definitely worth the extra effort, especially on a snowy morning like the one we had today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to the blog, but those rolls look spectacular! I love cinnamon rolls. I have a great recipe for those if you want to save time on making the dough.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!