January 21, 2010

Baked Ziti

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem




Day 2 of my Dinner Diary! Thank you so much for all the readers coming out of the woodwork and offering up their support. I'm truely flattered! Ok, on with the food...after looking up several different Baked Ziti recipes online, I basically surmised it was ziti, sauce and cheese. Baked together. So that's what I did. With the hopes of jazzing it up, I added in a layer of garlic-flavored bechamel and spinach. Not too shabby, alhamdulillah. We rounded this off with yet some more pretzels and some banana-peanut butter cookies for the kids.





4 comments:

  1. Ziti looks delicious. Btw what is Ziti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ziti is a type of pasta, basically big tubes: http://mammamignellipasta.com/html/ziti.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! That looks sooooooo delicious, mashallah!! =) I don't even know what ziti is! But i soo wanna try it now! =D Recipes, pleaseeee? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, ziti is just the shape of pasta. You can use anything really, its a simple dish that looks very impressive. Will post recipe tonight insha'allah.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!