January 4, 2010

Macaroons

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem



I whipped these babies up when I had a last minute invitation to a sister house and wanted to take some dessert, only to realize I had no eggs! A homemade dessert with no eggs, is it possible? Make a batch, eat one (or two) and then you'll be convinced I'm sure.

Coconut Macaroons

14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Mix all ingredients together.

3. Using a small cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, place rounded mounds of mixture 2" apart on a cookie sheet. Bake until firm and lightly browned.


I went ahead and made it extra fabulous by dipping in some melted semi-sweet chocolate ;)

7 comments:

  1. I want oneeee! =D Btw, which vanilla do you use? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! I've found that even imitation Vanilla (or vanillan) also contains alcohol. You can always find specialty natural food suppliers that make alcohol-free vanilla extract but my favorite is the dollar store imitation vanilla...its always alcohol free and really cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a quick fabuolous recipe. I love anything with coconut in. I suspect you dipped in chocolate before baking or after?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't coconut great? Rich and exotic; I dipped in chocolate after they were baked and cooled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these this weekend and my family loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they are!!! I am very pleased with them! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!