January 28, 2010

Leftovers' Leftovers

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I still had leftovers from my leftovers and wanted to try something different, thus, the Fajita Pizza was born. I used my usual pizza crust recipe and topped it off with my usual fajita mix. Masha'allah, turned out a lot better than I thought!




Chicken Fajita Pizza

pizza dough
chicken fajita mixture (chopped up a bit)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
favorite pizza toppings

1. Preheat oven to 400. Combine sour cream and salsa and spread evenly over pizza dough.

2. Top with chopped up chicken and bell peppers (left over fajita mix). Add favorite pizza toppings and top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.

8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, mashallah!! =) You put sour cream, and then salsa, on the whole pizza? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of making exotic pizzas. My aunt used to make a pizza with a mince curry topping and lots of cheese. Aah delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, salsa & sourcream...crazy, I know..but oh-so-good!

    CC: curried ground beef sounds SO good! Might have to try that next time, insha'Allah...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Inshallah, will try it! =) My mom wants to try it out too! =) Will let you know how it goes if we make it, inshallah! Btw, we make our pizza on 350, and even that, just for 16-18 minutes. How long do you leave it in for? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do 400, letting a pizza stone get nice and hot on the bottom rack and then transferring to a top rack about half-way through. All in all about 35 min...but i also make it kinda thick crusted :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo, last night we made pizza, breadsticks, AND half of sour cream and salsa pizza, with chicken from the biryani my mom had made the day beforeee!! I thought it was okayyy, but my mom likeddd it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haleema: Soooo flattered that you're reading ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!