January 31, 2010

Dinner Party

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Last night we entertained a very sweet family, masha'allah. I knew they weren't traditionally used to spicy food, I dialed back the amount of heat I usually use but still ended up with very flavorful dishes, alhamdulillah. No pictures again as it was a bit crazy getting food from the dishes before things were sent to the mens side, but here's a run down:

Bagara Khana (spiced rice- mostly used garam masala and ground cumin), chicken khorma (chicken and potato curry), lentils and beef curry, spinach and feta stuffed puff pastry and homemade naan. Everything was a hit, masha'allah! I thought I made enough to have leftover for tonight but everyone took seconds (thirds?) so I'm happier with that!

3 comments:

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!